Ah, the age-old question — how do we set development goals when we’ve never had a development person before? Believe it or not, Stacey and Andy have some ideas! Also this week, we talk about how to handle naming rights when you’re renovating a building that already has a name. Finally, we tackle a particularly sensitive question that, frankly, is going to be a little uncomfortable for everybody. Sounds fun, right?
You’ve got the mission, you’ve got the board, you’ve got the business plan, you’ve got the 510(c)3 letter, now what? Stacey and Andy have some thoughts. Also, we find out whether or not you need written board reports, and once again wade into the shark-infested waters of finance vs. development.
- Is the finance team part of the development team or vice versa? – 0:00
- How do you get a nonprofit startup off the ground? – 8:09
- Is it normal for ED reports to the board to be written? – 21:08
What should other staff know about the development function? A lot! Also, this week, Stacey and Andy tackle a topical question about the appropriate way to express sympathy for a death in a donor’s family.
- What does our fundraising staff do? – 0:00
- What’s the appropriate way to express condolences to a donor? – 14:41
Today’s episode is sponsored by you, our listeners! Thanks! Is there something we can answer for you, or do you have a suggestion? Let us know at our new phone number: +1 (702) 900-4656.